As we observed an increasing interest in cremation by the general public and also learned that people feel more secure when cremation is done on-site at a funeral home's own crematory. We are committed to providing the best service to families who choose cremation. That is why we have built our own, privately owned crematory facility at our Mount Union location in May of 2021. Most other funeral homes have cremations performed by a third party, high-volume facility, however we do not. Your loved one is always under the care of our licensed funeral directors, who personally supervise every step of the cremation process.
“Why Having our own Crematory Separates Us from the Others”
- Your Loved One Never Leaves Our Care. While most funeral homes offer cremation services, they transfer your loved one to a third-party crematory and never witness the cremation. At Anderson Family Funeral Homes, we personally perform all cremations at our crematory that is located in our funeral home.
- Certified Operators. All cremations are performed under the care of a staff operator, certified by CANA (Cremation Association of North America).
- Our cremations are worry-free. To ensure families are highly confident about our cremation process, we developed our “Worry Free Cremation™ Process.” Our cremation experts follow this meticulous step-by-step process before, during and after the cremation to guarantee the entire process is dignified, accurate and secure.
- Your family can witness the cremation. Unlike other cremation providers, we welcome families to witness the cremation of their loved one. Our state-of-the-art cremation facility is set up to allow relatives to be present when their loved one’s body is placed into the cremation chamber.
- Individual Cremation. All cremations are performed on an individual basis.
- Recovery of Cremated Remains. After each cremation, manual sweeping and industry-specific mechanical means are employed to recover the cremated remains from the cremation chamber.
- Disposition of Cremated Remains. 100% of the recovered cremated remains are prepared for disposition as directed by the Authorizing Agent.
- We DO NOT do cremations for other funeral homes, hospitals, laboratories, nor is it used for the cremation of animals. We currently do not offer pet cremations, however if you need assistance with pet cremation, we can refer you to local animal crematories.